MAS Epoxy - Not worth it! (infusion: data on hardener use at various temperatures)

Discussion in 'Materials' started by CatBuilder, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uffer

Uffer New Member

Yes you did- you have poor site conditions which do not correlate to the other builders at other sites or to standard tables:

This is where test panels are critical- take the time to run a few or you risk a world of hurt if you miss on a whole hull.

You are enthusiastic about Momentive which you have never used..
    When you get it- read the tables and do three test panels bracketing ratios around your best guess of the ambient temps you site will have during the hull kick.
    Work out your site heating so you have predictable temperatures maintained over the hull cure.

2. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

Look Mr Troll, I'm putting you on ignore now.

Show me a picture of the biggest infusion you've done.

Yeah, didn't think so.

Bye.

3. Uffer

Uffer New Member

4. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

BD Moderator, will you please remove this person from the board? They are a MAS employee who has obviously created a new account just to cause problems when the first post in this thread they made under the first screen name was inadequate.

Notice they have only a few posts, all against me and all here in this thread. They are simply a MAS employee trolling and trying to prove that I have no idea how to do an infusion, despite the fact that I have done many.

Could you please close the thread and ban the user?

Thank you.

PS: Man, these guys are going to go out of business fast.... I predict they will fold by next year.

5. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

I don't see any evidence that "Uffer" is a MAS employee CatBuilder (jumping into this thread only does imply an interest of some sort in this issue.) However he is posting from a different state than that of the MAS post and not through a proxy.

However, I'll go ahead and close this thread as you wish as it does seem to be becoming more hostile rather than generating further useful information at this point.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.