Martin Fischer Interview

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by k2mav, May 19, 2010.

1. k2mav

k2mav Junior Member

2 people like this.
  2. Gary Baigent

Gary Baigent Senior Member

Really interesting stuff, thankyou.

3. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

Seriously tight info, K2. A real pleasure to read a well-paced interview that gave the subject plenty of room to move about with his responses.

4. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Thank you very much!! The last thing he says in the interview is:

Furthermore I am working on my foiling A-Class catamaran. I use this boat as a platform to test a different foil concept.

More excerpts from the interview:

CS - Is possible to see in the future a stablished racing class of foiling beachcats ?
    MF: Yes, I am absolutely convinced that foiling multihulls are the next step. The challenge is to make them reliable and easy to handle. I am currently working on putting an A-Class on foils. First tests are very promising. I start flying the boat, also it is not very stable yet, but I think we will get there.

CS- I've heard from Landy in the A-Class, from M20 pics and reports and from Macca in the Nacra F20 how they are flying with curved boards, so slowly we are going in that direction, not full hydrofoils of course, but is the future in your view (flying beachcats Moth style)?
    MF: Yes, I have here in New Caledonia an A-Class with curved foils. The boat works nicely but it is not yet fully air-borne. If everything works according to plans I’ll have a flying A-Cat before the end of the year.

--------
    Fascinating!

5. k2mav

k2mav Junior Member

Thought you guys would like it.
    As an amateur builder that ended living on beachcats, it was a pleasure to have Martin Fischer so interested and open to share his knowledge and experience-
    1st class guy.
    I have some little extras too, will post here later.

Cheers,
    Martin

6. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.