Marriying Lawnmower motor to outboard lower end

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Machnumber2, May 21, 2004.

1. Machnumber2

Machnumber2 Junior Member

Hi, this is my first time at this site. I was wondering if anyone here has ever put a lawn mower type motor on an outboard lower end. I would love to do this sometime and seeing some examples would help alot. I did a project where I fabricated a lower end to mate with a horizontal shaft briggs 2hp motor. The results are not pretty to look at but I did work=) The photos of the project are at the link below...It would probably be much for efficient to mate a briggs motor to an existing lower end, preferable with a forward/reverse shifter. Has anyone done this? Please let me know I would love to see pics and stuff. Check out the link below, double click the small photos to view a larger version..
    http://machnumber2.50megs.com/photos/boat/outboard.html

2. woodboat

woodboat Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.