pool plans

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by justincredible, Oct 3, 2010.

1. okay i'm sorry in ahead of time its not acctualy boat plans but boat pool plans so im building a pool shaped like a boat i like boats and build wooden boats from trees and what not.. anyways i am wanting to make an inground pool shapped like a boat using fiberglass. now long ago i made hot tubs on production line... im wondering if i should use the mesh strips then resin and make layers and add some roven???

So i guess i'm asking what type of mesh to use and resin and how much and what type resin.. sorry its been 30 years since i have worked with any. what can i say ima old guy lol..

thanks ahead of time for any opinions

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

The thickness of the 'glass will depend on how big a pool you want. How many gallons?

3. i was thinking 8ft deep at the back and get to about 3ft at the bow and about 20ft wide

4. yipster

yipster designer

i figger it be better to build the basin boatshaped but in a normal fashion
    look at and for boat topside stuff as that will be the visual part of your idea

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.