Marine Radio Testing - Chicago - Great Lake Agreement/ B2B Act

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by TowerTopper, Dec 6, 2020.

1. TowerTopper

TowerTopper Junior Member

I am licensed by the FCC to preform annual marine radio testing for the “FCC Great Lakes Agreement/ Bridge to Bridge Act”.

I am based in the Chicago / NW Indiana area. Feel free to contact me if you fall under these regulations, and are seeking a radio inspector for your annual inspection needs.

At this current time, I do not preform GMDSS radio inspections, but can preform GMDSS radio maintenance if needed.

All inspections are preformed in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 47, Chapter 1, Sub-chapter D, Part 80, Sub-parts T / U, and the rules and regulations of the Federal Communications Commission.

The following vessels come under this provision as CFR Part 80.951 states:
    • All vessels longer than 20 meters (65 feet).
    • Most vessels 8 meters (26 feet), or longer that engage in towing of another vessel, or a floating object.
    • All vessels carrying more than six passengers for hire.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    BlueBell likes this.
  2. gusman123

gusman123 New Member

Hi - I am looking for a Great Lakes agreement inspector in the metro detriot area, I could use some help please.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.