It's Here!!!!!

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Brian Paul, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Brian Paul

Brian Paul Junior Member

Well, the U-22 made it to my shop safe and sound all the way from Wisconsin to me in Dallas. Had a devil of a time getting it off the hauler and in to my shop through its 8ft door!!

Now that it is here and I can start the restoration, I find that this thing is really big! And heavy!

I want to roll it on to its top so I can start work on the bottom etc. What is the best way to do this? My shop has some stiut looking gurders in the ceiling and I think I can hookup a block and tackle. Are the lifting hooks on these boats functional and can they be used to help facilitate what I have in mind?

I will post some pics when I get them.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Brian P.

2. Kaptin-Jer

Kaptin-Jer Semi-Pro

I belive that the current issue of Wooden Boat Mag. has an article about methods to turn a boat.

3. Brian Paul

Brian Paul Junior Member

Kaptin-Jer

Thanks for the heads up. I will check it out.

Brian P.

4. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Be careful with those U boats - make sure all the torepedoes have been removed before rolling it over.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.