Marina costs

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Frosty, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

It had to happen I suppose. Ive had a good run , amazing what Monday mornings bring in terms of bad news.

Marina going up. "How much" I said " but but dont blame me for your water consumption, you have a leak under the shower block thats leaking at at least 2 liters per minute 24 hours a day, thats more than the Marina uses".

To no avail it looks like im outa here. Its not just that its fuel in the car getting here, no point anymore

Heading south I reckon 3 marinas in Pinang, a new one in Lamut, Royal Selangor yacht club in Klang and Malaca or Singapore has 3 or maybe the east side with Tioman having a small marina and even further North.

Now I thought about it there is a lot of choice even Ko Chang and Cambodia having one now.

Any one else got increases in the coming days or new year.

So Pipes on and fitted, satelite dish packed up, ropes off, load motorbike tomorrow. Start engines.

Should have enough fuel for Lamut fishing village I got 305 port and 275 stbd.

Yeah,-- I cant wait to get out. better check anchor windlass.

I dont know what up with the world you just can keep adding prices to cover poor management.

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

"I don't know what up with the world; you just can keep adding prices to cover poor management."

That is how it is done here. :(

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Waiting for re negotiation, But I don't think I care --time for a change of view.

Some marinas are free, --- gotta agree thats attractive with the sleeper trains running from Singapore to Bangkok.

4. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

Curious as to how much it is,and how much they want to raise it by..

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Well I have been here since before the tsunami and because of that they keep you on what you came in as but they have now realised that cant stay for ever.

They do understand that my dock is 100% occupation over a year it therefore can be half price and still be more profitable that another berth running at 40% occupancy.

I think Im paying about 200 dollar per month ---yes I know that may seem cheap to you but I can compare that with other marinas nearby.

What it is going up to is yet unkown---!

6. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Just thinking out loud
    is it still worth it to have a boat that is "days" away and not a couple of hours

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I don't mind the time Mannie its quite an experience rattling along through Thailand at night in an open window car eating fried rice and a beer as shrimp farms pass by on the east coast. The beds are OK and clean sheets of course in air conditioning. Plus its more expensive in fuel for the car now.

800 top bunk, approx 700 bottom. 30 to a dollar--- a fraction of the fuel for the car.

Customs laws make it difficult in Thailand needing to remove the boat once a year or pay taxes. Malaysia has no such nonsense.

All this needs calculating into a new system of boating or not at all, maybe a fish Farm on the Mekong. I fancy a condo in Vietnam too for a weekends.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.