Marina 75 motorsailor

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Allan, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Allan

Allan Junior Member

I've owned a Marina 75 built in Finland in 1976 for the past ten years, but I've never been able to find very much information about this boat or the company that built them. If anyone has some information on these boats I wouldn't mind hearing from you. I'm also in the process of repowering the boat. She presently has a Yanmar 12YSB, but I'm thinking of putting in a Yanmar 2gm20f. If anyone has thoughts on this engine let me know.

Attached Files:

2. Vern Michael

Vern Michael Guest

I owne a Marna 75 also

I have a 1977 marina 75,in S.E.Alaska. I doant know much about them but am trying to find out about them

3. janericed

janericed New Member

I own a Marina 75 from 1979 that I bought last summer. I have it very well documentated in orginal both from the builder and th asseories. The boat is in very fine shape. The public all over says that anyway when stay and chat. And they do!
    I bought her in Stockholm so I took her my self by sea to Karlstad true Göta Kanal.
    "The beutiest boat of the week" shout a man and waving from his bicycle ashore.
    I have some pictures of her and of the way hr new harbor at www.karlstadsola.se

4. pedrog

pedrog New Member

I owe one too

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I owe one as well and it is in Lisbon Portugal. I tried as well to find about the constructor but without sucess.
    I will try to attach photo.

Attached Files:

5. Allan

Allan Junior Member

Thanks for the information and pictures

I've been away most of the summer so I have not had a chance to reply. Is the information you have about these boats in english. I would really like to read it and get a better idea about these boats and the design criteria used to build them. I'm also curious how much these boats sold for when they were first produced and how several of them ended up in North America.

Thanks

6. Allan

Allan Junior Member

7. Juha

Juha Guest

I´m a finnish guy and i´ve met Eskil Haldin - the constructor several times as child. Eskil lived in Vaasa, Finland and was artistic, great personality that did not make any noise of himself. He let his work to talk by himself. He enjoyed to design sailing yachts, many of them have not been in production at all, most of them are unique pieces of design. My father was a friend of his and we had a sailing yacht and house designed by Eskil. Unfortunately the link mentioned in previous message does not work, because the exhibition conserning Eskil Haldin and his drawings has ended. If you have some specific questions that need to be answered, I can consult my father, who does not speak english. I know that there is a book coming, unfortunately not in english. My e-mail adress is j.moi@luukku.com

8. Juha

Juha New Member

9. Henrik S

Henrik S Wooden boat enthusiast

Eskil Haldin and Marina book and exhibition

Hello,

there are now interesting developments regarding Eskil Haldin's boat constructions (designer of Marina 75). There are some books being published relating to the designer. The Pohjanmaa Museum in Vaasa Finland has an exhibition until August 14th, 2005. If you have a boat designed by Eskil Haldin and especially if you have a Marina 75 or 85 outside of Finland, please drop me a line. I am interested to collate information on these boats for a book. Namely I would like to hear peoples stories on how they found their boat and from where etc. I can also help you get information on these boats and the designer. Regards Henrik
    PS you can send email to me on info@shobu.fi
    Attached a picture of the boat I was lucky enough to be able to buy for myself in 1993 from Vaasa.

Attached Files:

10. Erwin

Erwin New Member

We bought our Marina 75 (Wilhelmina) from 1976 6 years ago in The Netherlands. Great boat. She is currently in Monnickendam.
    I replaced the teakdek, mastfoot and the steering installation due to maintenance requirements and therefore know a little of the inside of the boat.

11. Knutte W

Knutte W New Member

Hello,

I am the happy owner of a Marina 75 since 1988. It was built in 1978 by
    Jutahela Oy in Seinäjoki, Finland. I have searched the web for any info
    about that company. The only thing I found was that it was removed
    from the the List of Limited Companies as late as 2003, but as far as I
    remember, the production ceased sometimes in the 1980'ies.

If somebody has any kind of historical information about that company,
    I would be very happy to get it for a 'Marina 75' link on my homepage.

The article about Eskil Haldin at the web pages of the Ostrobothnian Museum
    was very interesting. Apparently it's not there anymore, as the exhibition
    has ended. Fortunately I downloaded the text in all three languages.

Regards,
    Knut

12. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Marina 75 parameters

I think Knutte forgot to post his very nice web site's address. It is http://knut.wiren.fi/Marina75/index.html

I have added an image of the Marina 75 taken from this forum, and linked to Knutt's web page, at http://banjer37msclub.tripod.com/motorsailers.htm
    I've estimated the waterline length as being around 6 m, to perform the calculations for the labeling of the boat there (H 11/13), but I'd appreciate very much if someone could tell me what the real Lwl is.

For a 6 m Lwl, other parameters for the Marina 75 are:

Sail area/Displacement ratio = 11.03
    Capsize ratio = 1.85
    Theoretical hull speed = 5.95 knots
    Displacement/Length ratio = 322.83
    Comfort ratio = 24.32
    Power/Disp ratio = 2.18

Regards,
    Guillermo.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.