Mardi Gras Race Week

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Stumble, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

Feb 22-26 2012

For sailors:

We are currently ramping up for the best MGRW ever. With more classes interested than ever, and with an expected 150 boats this year, MGRW is quickly becoming on of the largest regattas in the country. Starting the day after Mardi Gras in New Orleans, and continuing through Sunday, MGRW combines some of the most competative OD sailing around, with the best party ever.

Included in the sailing will be the first ever major regatta start for Brian Bennett's new VX-OD, as well as a demonstration/practice day for designers to show off their new boats.

For Designers and manufacturers:

MGRW would like to invite you to present your designs to the sailors. Space is available for either static displays, on the water displays, or both. If you are interested please don't hesitate to contact me to discuss specifics, and arange for any special needs.

http://www.mardigrasraceweek.org/

Greg 'Stumble' Rubin
    Mardi Gras Race Week Chairman
    Greg@noyc.org

2. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Greg, that sounds great! Been a long time since I was last on or near Pontchatrain....

3. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

Doug,

We are working on getting the Moth class to showw up this year, so you should feel right at home. :D

4. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Nahleans

------------------------
    I love the Moth but I'm too heavy for it. On the other hand if my tri is done and works well by then I'd like to bring it. At least by 2013....
    I may come anyway sounds like a terrific event-I especially like the emphasis on designers being able to show off their stuff. Nice idea.....

PS- a Moth in Pontchatrain chop would be worth the price of admission!

5. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

Doug,

We are excited about having a few new boats, and hopefully adding more to the mix. I can't promise a start, but we are running a practice/demo day before the regatta for those who want to participate.

If you can get the tri down, I would be happy to place you with the other commercial displays.

6. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

------
    It's probably not realistic for 2012 for the tri but the whole idea is just terrific...

7. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

MGRW is fast approaching, and tomorrow is the last day to get discounted prices on registration. We encourage all of our sailors to go ahead and register and pay now to take advantage of the $25 discount. Particularly since knowing how many boat will be there allows us to have a better idea of how much free beer to ask for from our sponsors!