manufacturer requirments...

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Guest, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Looking to start building and selling boats. Are there regulations that are tested or governed by the uscg.

do you just build to meet ther recomendations?

Also does the ucsg do testing to make sure you comply.

Thanks,
    Todd

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I will be watching this discussion as I am also interested in what role the Coast Guard plays in monitoring the construction process for small to medium-sized commercial boatbuilders. At what points are they involved? What tests and criteria are applied?

The USCG website http://www.uscgboating.org/ mentions information which is available via the mail and I'm going to send for it tomorrow.

3. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks guys, So it looks like you just have to get a hull ID and follow the rules.

Does anyone check to see you follow them, or does the coast gaurd come and inspect anything?

Thanks,
    Todd

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.