Malibu wake boat "wedge" on other boats?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by MattM, Mar 13, 2011.

1. MattM

MattM Junior Member

I have a 2002 MB Sports B52, a typical wakeboard v drive boat, that works great, we wakeboard behind it. But now that one of my teenagers works at the local wakeboard boat dealer, he rides behind a new malibu periodically that has more ballast and a wedge, and hence a bigger wake.

So now, old dads boat is not quite good enough for the real gnarly tricks, even w/ full ballasts and extra fat sacks until the boat will hardly plane.

Looking at the malibu manual wedge, it would easily bolt to the B52. Anyone tried this, or is there something similar out there?

I'd like to get more wake w/out changing boats. I know the wedges were basically added to the existing Malibu boats, so the hull shapes weren't specifically designed for them. I can reinforce the transom to take the extra load. Anybody have any experience?

thanks, Matt

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.