1973 17ft Witchcraft

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by badgurl55, Oct 23, 2006.

1. badgurl55

badgurl55 New Member

I just purchased an older boat from a friend and was looking for some information on the boat itself. The last I hear the Witchraft was from the 70's and no longer exists. Anyone know anything about one or have one with any spec's from manufacturing plate ? Appreciate the help !

2. badgurl55

badgurl55 New Member

Picture

Thought I'd drop in a photo

Attached Files:

3. bajarick

bajarick New Member

Hello
    Nice looking boat. Witchcraft was a hull that was raced a lot in Mod VP racing back in the 70s.
    Try placing your pic at boatracingfacts.com there are a lot of folks there that can tell you about your rig.

4. Paradise

Paradise New Member

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  5. hunterdn82

hunterdn82 New Member

i believe i have the same boat

hello, i own a 1978 banshee and it has the same paint skeem. anyway i was curious if you have done anything to yours yet as you said you planned to. i really want to get mine running but it seems like it will never happen. thank you in advance for your response.

6. Paradise

Paradise New Member

I haven't had to do much to get this thing running like a champ.
    Replaced spark plugs/wires. Cleaned ignition parts. Added some new gauges, rockin' stereo system, sonar, gps. Using full synthetic lubes in everything. Replaced some old wood on the seats.
    The boat has a nice hull design, gets on plane easy, handles the waves pretty good.
    47-48 mph with a Solus SS HR Titan 1441-133-19 @5600-5800 rpm. Next season I'll probably throw on a 20 or 21 pitch prop. Seems to have the power for it.
    Here's the info I have on this company:
    Model Year: 1978 Certification Year: 1978 Manufacturer: GLASSLINE INC
    Manufacturer City/State: REDDING CA
    The first three characters of the HIN, MFS, designate GLASSLINE INC as the manufacturer. However, the following makes are all of the same manufacturer: · MIKE F. SHANNON CO · WITCHCRAFT · APACHE
    Hull Weight (dry) - 800LBS
    Max HP - 115
    Max Persons Capacity - 600LBS
    Max Weight Capacity (persons, motor, gear) 1000LBS

7. hunterdn82

hunterdn82 New Member

thanks

Thank you for replying, I am glad the post wasn't too old. Mine has a 78 merc 900, 90 horse outboard. I thought yours had a 115 merc? I have had a lot of trouble finding somone to fix it. There are no production parts for it anymore and finding a used outboard has been unsuccessful. Any tips? I appreciate any help.

8. Paradise

Paradise New Member

Yes, mine has a 115 merc. same year ('78) straight six. There are lots of parts available for these motors but they are going to be very expensive. I can only hope no part of this motor ever dies on me.
    There's ebay, iboats.com, boats.net, mercruiserparts.com, oldmercs.com (eastcoastmarine), crowleymarine.com, maxrules.com.
    Probably lots more but those are what I have bookmarked.

9. Fantasvas

Fantasvas New Member

1977 Witchcraft

I just picked up a 1977 Witchcraft with a 1983 Mercury 150hp...

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.