Mac 26 "Blam" Thread

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by mackid068, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mackid068

mackid068 Semi-Newbie Posts Often

This is a thread for "blamming", discrediting and insulting the design of the Macgregor 26. Ok, rant and rave but I beg of you, SUBSTANTIATE your rants.

Here's the first:

The Mac 26 is a powerboat, not a proper cruising sailboat (at least for coastal and oceans), as it lacks a keel and is a planing hull powerboat with a mast.

2. Plumbtex

Plumbtex Junior Member

Why? what possible good can come from beating a dead horse. Putting this subject up for discussion again only serves to elevate to celebrity status this vessel and it's most vocal proponent, thus demeaning us all.

3. mackid068

Hint hint: I'm trying to get it discussed...

More discussion means more people knowing the flaws. Also, learning about a poor sailboat is good for those who plan on designing a GOOD sailboat.

4. Plumbtex

Plumbtex Junior Member

I think that by now the shortcomings of the Mac 26 are the stuff of legend. It is the inevitable involvement of Mr. ghetto and the decay of reason that will surely follow that cause my concern. I have always enjoyed and learned from your posts, But I really think that this thread is a sleeping dog best shot before it wakes.

5. Skippy

Skippy Senior Member

Most of the people who read this website know the lack of abilities of the Mac. Mk, discussing trolls just gives them attention. They love it, it's what they feed on. Every time you feed a troll by talking about it, it gets bigger, and stronger. Its evil powers grow and expand, until it is able to devour internet surfers ravenously. And mk, web trolls LOVE to drag high-school age surfers down to their filthy, stinking holes, never to be heard of again. Except maybe the anguished, pain-stricken cries of the ones caught only recently. Dreading their fate as they watch the drooling, slobbering jaws of the hungry troll preparing them for its dinner. Post at your own peril, mk. You have been warned.

6. mackid068

I'm ok, don't worry 'bout me. But yeah, I think this was a mistake...but still, I'd like a good definition of the Mac's problems (Not the computers!!)

7. Plumbtex

Plumbtex Junior Member

Perhaps we could discuss what would make a good crossover boat for the sail curious power boater.

8. mackid068

That sounds like a good idea! How about it? Ok, what about a proper sailboat. Something stable, easy to sail and easy to motor with. What do you all think?

9. RThompson

RThompson Senior Member

sounds like a small Wally is called for... (push button, easy, fast sailing)

10. mackid068

Never heard of it.

11. mholguin

mholguin Junior Member

This is scary, I´ll never read another post on the Mac 26,,,,
    ;)

12. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Blamming? Pointless - we all know the problems.

Discussing the perfect "cross-over" boat? Good thought, but... You have first to convince the powerboater that speed under power is not only unneccessary, but undesirable in a sailing boat. Then and only then can you begin to introduce him to sailing.
    Until that shift in thinking is made, discussing boats is pretty much a waste of time.
    Steve

13. Gromet

Gromet Junior Member

Imagine owners have fun and enjoy Macs

Can you imagine that those Mac owners seem to enjoy their boats. What is with those people. :confused:

They can actually claim they can do things with their boats when there is no wind!

And worst of all, most are not interested in competitive racing.

And trailering a water ballast, retractable keel boat to all sorts of water spots - rediculous!!

Gromet

14. mackid068

It's a poorly designed vessel! That's what it is. Oh, by the way...it has a centerboard, not a retractable keel...

15. usa2

usa2 Senior Member

it is what it is..and it sucks at that.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.