Médiatis Region Aquitaine internet site

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Ilan Voyager, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Ilan Voyager

Ilan Voyager Senior Member

The french sailor Yves Parlier has launched a new sailing 60 feet catamaran Médiatis Region Aquitaine. The catamaran has very interesting hulls and rig and a discussion about his design may be worth both in sail and power boats.

But the interesting part is that the internet site http://www.parlier.org/
    (in english and french) has very good pages about the design and construction with plenty of good and big images.

All those interested by the high tech composites should look to these pages.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2004
  2. grob

grob www.windknife.com

Yves started the Transat (Plymouth UK to Boston USA) on Monday, he is the only Catamaran in the 60ft multihull fleet. He is currently last but it is early days. see http://www.thetransat.com/en/default.aspx

I would realy like to see this boat succeed.

3. Ilan Voyager

Ilan Voyager Senior Member

Thanks for your kind comments

I don't think the boat will have results in the NorthStar as this race is upwind. The hulls and rig of Mediatis are better suited for reaching. This boat must be very unconfortable upwind.

I think in the next races this cat will be a strong contender because of the planning capacity of its hulls and the low center of effort of the sails. We'll see.

The internet site is one of the best I've seen about race boats with plentiful of good pics.