Lycoming Diesel Turbine 33' Eliminator

Discussion in 'Diesel Engines' started by resurveys7, Jul 20, 2011.

1. resurveys7

resurveys7 RESurveys7

I am in need of information about any 33' to 45' twin hull boats that are powered by Lycoming Turbine engines(about 1400 Hp), either single or double(prefer single), running on diesel fuel. I am new to this forum and do not really know where to start. I need to fnd this type of vessels, how much they either recently sold for, how much they are offered for sale now, and general location(South, North, East, or West United States or Canada,(or rest of the world for that matter). Trying to find out if the value of a 1997 hull(great shape) with a zero hour engine is worth what they say it is. Price research before purchase. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

2. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

I would look on the sites the US gov uses to scrap unwanted items.

This style boat could only be afforded by a gov, burning taxpayer cash, so their scrap yard would be a start.

What will you do with a boat that perhaps gets 1/4 mile to a gallon and requires aircraft engine parts (E$PENSIVE!!!)

FF

3. resurveys7

resurveys7 RESurveys7

Fred,

There is an entire industry of Turbine Transportation in the Private Sector.
    What I am looking for is 33' to 45' Catamaran Boats that are powered by Lycoming T-14 Turbines that have been sold or are for sale. There is a motorcycle and a Mini Cooper that have had Turbines installed. All of this is private and of no cost to the Government. In fact the Government makes money sellling these engines that can no longer be used in helicopters for the safety of our Brave Armed Forces. It is big yet hard to track, that is why I am asking if anyone knows of the type of boats that I am looking for.

4. keysdisease

keysdisease Senior Member

1 person likes this.
  5. resurveys7

resurveys7 RESurveys7

I know only too well what "key disease" is. It is a total layed back attitude you get when you breath the air and feel the sun of the Florida Keys. The only thing that brings you back to reality is your search for a good beach on the ocean side.
    I have talked with Nor-Tech and searched Skater. The third link I will try. I have talked with John Arruda in Pompano Beach, Turbine Ted in Franklin, LA, and a number of others. The trouble is that nobody can tell me of any for sale in the 35' to 45' or even 50' range. The best I can get is that a new 50' with two engines would probably cost $1,000,000.00. I am trying to get some used prices and locations. I would like to get a price on a 40' single engine type.
    Having moved from Fort Lauderdale, FL to Knoxville, TN has me stuck on the phone, traveling long distances in search, and internet.:confused:

6. cig47turbine

cig47turbine New Member

Turbine

I have a 47 foot 1996 cigarette never put in the water with twine t53 1100
    It was my dads and now he cant not work on it the turbines are new remans both run I was going to get itgoing this summer 2012 but would take offers can supply some picks :!:

7. cig47turbine

cig47turbine New Member

still looking

8. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Can you post some photos cig47turbine? I would enjoy seeing your setup.

9. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

The fact that Merc will sell you a production V8 with a w/tee that is 1350hp and EU emission compliant has taken a whole lot of shine from a turbine...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.