Project EBBTIDE

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by bigdawg10132009, Jul 28, 2009.

1. bigdawg10132009

bigdawg10132009 Junior Member

Attached are a few pictures of the begining of my project EBBTIDE.......this may help me keep focused....:)

Attached Files:

2. apex1

apex1 Guest

Are you going to restore this habitat, so rich in biodiversity, by removing the plastic crap, or vice versa?

3. mark775

mark775 Guest

That's funny.

4. bigdawg10132009

i did hate having to evict the family, village, of o possums, rodents and such....i really hate being a mean land lord! :p

5. M-Sasha

M-Sasha Guest

So, vice versa is the decision. Really sad.......

6. bigdawg10132009

welllll....lokks like getting the transom wood out is gonna be easy........saturated! plucks out without problem at all. I am gonna lift the top half off today and get down and dirty!

7. scotch&water

scotch&water Junior Member

Ah pojects love them

Ah projects ,we need them when replacing the inner floor in a glass boat support the front and transom nothing in the center of the hull it will help in stopping a hump in the bottom of the hull you can straighten one out the same way by adding temoray weight

8. bigdawg10132009

more work done today. i can tell you this, i wish i had started working on my 1971 formula 22' cuddy cabin instead of the ebbtide. there is wood all over this boat!!! all of it soaked and rotted!!! but, i have come this far....might as well see it through.....

Attached Files:

9. scotch&water

Ok I see some poor quality fire wood-- did you make templets of the wood stringers? Are you suporting the hull so it stays in shape? All things to solve, what might be your in your plan,for starting the rebuildig stage of this project.

10. apex1

apex1 Guest

Ähhh, not to disappoint you, and for sure no offense in mind, but................
    are you sure you gave me a honest reply on my first question? Or say, Ebbtide was the right name for your project, at the end you can clearly see the ground!

Richard

11. bigdawg10132009

the stringers were so rotted there was nothing there to use as templates.....i am supporting the boat on the trailer and will hold the sides with 2x4 and such to keep everything together once i start replacing everything.....the wood used for the stringers was actually 1x8 solid lumber with 1x4 lumber on the floor, flat, and glassed over.....these hulls are realllly thin on the bottom.....i am starting to reconsider and am contemplating redoing my 21' formula cuddy cabin instead......its built like a tank......

12. glassman66

glassman66 New Member

from a pros view dig a hole put it in it fill it with water makes a good gold fish pond. u paid for the trailer and motor they gave u the boat for free. what it will cost u in time and mat. u can find a boat water ready that needs a motor and trailer.

13. scotch&water

glassman66 is on the money, the hull could be set up as a cover for the fire wood. ps to glassman66 I think we are in the glue vocation have fun with the 21 cuddy

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.