Mac Lovers rejoice!!...maybe??

Discussion in 'Software' started by CGN, Jun 1, 2007.

1. CGN

CGN Senior Member

2. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Great... Now I just need to find the quid to buy the new Mac G5... :)

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I need a new mac.

Ive had this one now for about 30 years -my dad give it to me.

Its done well to keep going that ammount of time.

I dont use it much not now since theres holes in the pockets and it leaks just at the back of the collar.

Nothing worse than getting water down the back of your neck.

4. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

Well it's a nice idea, but I have a P4 sitting on my desk. Apple's equivalent comes in at about twice the price I built my machine for. It's too expensive, plain and simple.

I may be a Linux advocate, but I genuinely don't see the downfall of Microsoft as heralding the rise of Apple, as was suggested in the article. I think Linux (which is free and requires no change of hardware) will proliferate MUCH faster, simply because no-one wants to pay for new hardware, when there's nothing wrong with extant systems.

I will be starting to write software for a company next month, and I make no secret that the development platform will be Linux, probably Debian. I will then port to Windows and Mac-OS.

Tim B.

5. ludesign

ludesign Senior Member

Apple does not sell G5 Macs anymore.

6. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

They sell Pear or Peach? :D pls enlighten me... I have not bought any Mac only Apple IIc

7. ludesign

ludesign Senior Member

All modern Macs run on Intel processors. The cheaper models (iMac, Mini, MacBook and MacBook Pro) on Core duo two and the G5 Equivalent on Xenon duo or Quads.

If you want a boat design program that runs on both Mac (Classic 8.5-9.2, OSX PPC and Inte Macs) and Windows you can also have a look at TouchCAD. www.touchcad.com

8. nero

nero Senior Member

Never understood what motivates people to buy a Mac and then try and do things like everyone else. TouchCad is a fine program. Vectorworks is better than AutoCad.

KDE linux is has a nice user interface. Mac could learn some things for them.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.