Electronics jobs in boating

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by bug732, Oct 23, 2006.

1. bug732

bug732 New Member

Hi,

I stumbled over this site looking for ideas on souping up a pontoon boat. Anyhow the site seems to be full of information and will keep me up now for nights. Anyhow, I have been trying to find out information on jobs in the boating industry. I have an extensive background in electroincs repair and design meekly starting 17 years ago with TV's. I have worked on just about everything electronic you can think of, including military stuff. What type of jobs would there be on the elctronics/electrical side of boating? I know the general stuff, radars, depth finders, weather equipment and such but many of these are company specific and if people have problems with them they usually just ship them back to the company for repair. Any ideas or suggestions? I have even thought about marine engine repair since a lot of electronics are going into the engines now days but up here in Michigan, the boating season is very short, or as they say, 10 months of winter and 2 months of bad sledding. :rolleyes:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.