Looking for Spline Weights

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by swan1, May 1, 2014.

1. swan1

swan1 Junior Member

"Maestro" Perry, thank you for your post. Not many words from me (in English - which fairly often not very "good looking") - regarding opening your home and studio to receive an apprentice ... just a Blessing !, surely for the young and talented Will's future and for all of those who have had the opportunity to experience it - 2.5 days not being time enough of throwing lead lines on paper trying to balance this unique art/ science with cad/rendering support. I read not only your Blog, forum posts but your Book, also, recently I got to meet a couple of sailors who just got a Noseman 447 for their life's dream after looking and picking on about 43 other designs and makes around USA and the Caribbean.

If you have in mind to make you bucket of spline weights lighter please let me know, I'll be honored on their well usage.

Thanks again.

2. bob perry

bob perry Junior Member

Swan:
    Many thanks for the kind words. I had a lot of fun with Will Porter. I think we made good progress considering he had never used ACAD before.
    I would have Will spend more time with the hand drafting but we had 16 days and a lot to accomplish in that time. I wanted a complete preliminary design finished in that time. We did succeed.

I think it would be very expensive to send you spline weights. You would have to drive to my beach shack to get them. You can help yourself.

Here is a sample of the acad work that Will did. I had him design a boat to my specifications for a small cruising boat. I think he did very well for a 16 year old kid.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. swan1

swan1 Junior Member

Brilliant Mr. Perry! My father told me once that despite the institution's prestige/expense where I choose my formal education, the quality of mentors, coaches, teachers will determine in good part the level of personal satisfaction of my future working days ... young Porter won't forget that. Thanks for sharing his work and most for the spline weights offer - I will take it as soon as I can travel, many thanks indeed.