looking for some help

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by dannyp35, Sep 28, 2006.

1. dannyp35

dannyp35 New Member

Hi everyone I am Dan I am new to this forum and have a couple of Qs
    I am restoring a 1985 wellcraft 210 elite, I just picked the boat up and am in the process of replacing the floor and interer I got luky do to the fact that the stringers in the boat are not rotted and just the wood floor needs replacing.
    first Q- after replaceing the rotted floor sections, what do I reseal it with, Because it looks to be sealed with some kind of yellow fiberglass material from all over floor to sides of boat?

second Q- The boat has a alfa 1 outdrive that I plan on re-using due to it being in good condition. the chevy 350 that was in the boat is wasted along with the exhaust manifold and starter. I have a fresh 347 stoker (ford305 stroked out to 347cc) in my posetion, I now that fords need to use the omc out drives but can I buy some convertion parts like the engine coupler and bell housing to run a 305 with a alfa one? and what exhust manifolds and other parts will I have to run to make my 347 work?
    thanks for your time
    Dan P