Looking for plans

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Flatstalker, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Flatstalker

Flatstalker New Member

I am looking for any plans for a pacific tender like boat. Want plank on frame. I have some out of plwood already but just doesn't have the lines of a round bilge boat. I would like to build it to be a long range cruising boat. I live on the gulf coast and will also use it for offshore weekend fishing trips. Thre are 2 links below to give you an idea of what I am looking for. I know one is a model but it is very close to what I want. I cannot locate about the website either. Thanks for any help.

http://wwwtest.astoria.k12.or.us/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album37&id=Beryl_E_Tender_Alaska

http://wwwtest.astoria.k12.or.us/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album57&id=1949_Man_Of_War_Pillar_Rock_Columbia_River

2. artemis

artemis Steamboater

I suggest you visit the Mother of All Maritime Links website at: http://www.boat-links.com/boatlink.html - you'll have to do some searching, but may find other interesting stuff in the process. You might also email the webmaster of the site. John lives in the PacNW and is very active in the local Messing About in Boats group.
    :idea: For that matter, most of those visiting/contributing to this forum might check it out. A lot of questions could be answered. Oh, yes, make a LARGE pot of coffee and roll out your sleeping bag near the computer. :)

3. byankee

byankee Junior Member

4. Flatstalker

Flatstalker New Member

Thanks

Thanks for the help. Good information.

5. Gilbert

Gilbert Senior Member

What is the size range you are thinking of? Here at Cathlamet there is the privately owned DUKE on the water which is 37' long. At the Museum the TOTEM is one of the exhibits on land and I think is a few feet longer. If you are interested in pictures of them I could probably manage that if you allow a little time.