Freeboard Calculation

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by captainx, Sep 25, 2010.

1. captainx

captainx New Member

My small tanker design with flat deck design mean no sheer deck line. To calculate Freeboard, sheer correction must be calculated. in my case, how do i calculate? Is it need for me to skip the sheer correction?

--
    Syahmi
    (Student)

2. basildog

basildog basildog

Download free version of Hullform - very easy to use - it will give you everything you need to know.

3. Lucya

Lucya Junior Member

Hi, I am refreshing this topic because I have the same question.
    Ship design with flat deck - how does the flat deck affect on minimum freeboard calculation?
    Does the difference from the calculated sheer (1,3 L and 1,6 L from AP/FP) considered as deficiency and need to be added to table given minimum freeaboard or...?

Thank you.

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

If the deck is flat, there is no correction for the shape of the deck. Correction for camber would be another thing but I guess there is no camber, so null correction. (Just my oppinion)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.