Help Pls! Need a machinery equipment list and specs!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by airdamn, Mar 29, 2004.

1. airdamn

airdamn New Member

hi, I'm working on a design of 24m training sailing vessel. I'm having a hard time in building the equipment list for the machinery system and engine room. Any websites that you can suggest, or can you send me if you have a ready one plss. thanks

Erdem

2. Corpus Skipper

Corpus Skipper Hopeless Boataholic

Don't know of any web sites, but several good books out there. One good one is George Buehler's "Backyard Boatbuilder". Good Luck.

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Are you lookig for a ready made equipment list?

4. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Seems to me that if you are working on the design, then the equipment list is something you and the owner should be cooking up between you.
    Of course, if your location (Southampton) means that this is a school project :), then you are in the perfect place to tap some local talent. Try asking someone at Campers (usually willing to help out) or ask Stuart Roy (ex-teacher at the Institute) if he has anything he could give you from a pre-existing boat. Tell him Steve Baker (the bearded one) says "Hi"

Steve

5. Roy Abrams

Roy Abrams Roy Abrams

try vetus marine web site

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.