singlehanded fun in the bay

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by smilicus, Mar 22, 2011.

1. smilicus

smilicus Junior Member

hello

I have posted a few threads on the forum already. I am looking for plans for a 2.4mr sailboat, preferably for strip plank construction. I love the little small "yachts" and it will be perfect for single handed sailing in our bay.

I have also come across another boat that I like, but cant find much of it online (http://www.miniopen.de/) Any of you have an idea who the designer is?

A few Question;

1. Which one is more stable (seaworthy)
    2. What would your choice be between the two (or another design) for a economical, home built, single handed keeler?

Thanks guys :D

2. BYDE

BYDE Junior Member

hello smilicus,

I've been planning to design (then build) a sort of 2.4mr for myself since a few months, but so far I've been too busy.
    Since I need it for myself too, I could sell you the design for a small price.
    Write me a private email for the price or to see my former works.

Strip planking is good for me (plus a bit of GRP on both sides)

your questions:
    1. the miniopen looks like a 'standard' 2.4mr where they increased the hull form stability. so yes, apparently more stable (it depends also on other factors)
    2. my choice would be to contact byde and trust him :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.