Unlock Pro Surf - Newavesys still in business?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tiki Cat, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Tiki Cat

Tiki Cat New Member

I have a legit (purchased) copy of Pro Surf that I've used for quite some time. My hard drive crashed, which required a new drive and reinstalling the program. For nearly a month now, I have made repeated attempts to contact Steve Hollister to get the unlock code, all without success. Is he/his company still in business? They certainly have a web presence, still asking $400 to buy Pro Surf. Seems like if a small company cannot support unlocks of their product over the long haul, they ought to look for a different approach for copy protection.

2. CGN

CGN Senior Member

It took sometime for him to answer but i had no problems when i asked for an installation key because of my new PC, have you tried a phone call?

3. Tiki Cat

Tiki Cat New Member

Multiple times. Just tried again - and fortunately got through. Mr. Hollister was on vacation and then out of town. I got the program unlocked and am all set. By the way - he said that if he ever went out of business he would post an unlocked version of the program on the web... with that I'm reassured about the future of Prosurf.

4. terhohalme

terhohalme BEng Boat Technology

This is the same reason I left Prosurf behind me. No possibilities to install or move it to my new computer. Sad...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.