Career Advice

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by ausi14, Dec 17, 2008.

1. ausi14

ausi14 New Member

Hi everyone,
    At a bit of a crossroads in my life. Have just finished my mechanical engineering degree and i'm unsure of what to do next. I have the option of pursuing the more traditional lines of work, however i feel i might be better off doing something else.
    i have a real passion for high performance sailboats (i sail i14s), and know a fair bit about composite construction through my own reading/playing.
    so i suppose my real question is are there any opportunities for a person with my qualifications to enter the high tech composites industry.
    project managment of custom builds?
    dont really fancy having to do a 4 year boatbuilding apprenticeship, however my fear is that no one will want to take me on without this practical knowledge.
    so is there anyone out there that can offer any advice or suggest a particular career path.

Thanks

Adam

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.