1995 Rinken Flotilla Construction

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by JimS, Apr 9, 2012.

1. JimS

JimS Junior Member

Anyone have any experience with Rinken Flotilla Tri Cat hull deck boats. My question is regarding fabrication. First glance looks like very little wood was used. Anyone looking uder the deck and engine compartment? How about the deck itself, wood or fiberglass? Thanks for any insight, got my eye on one and don't need another Hanger Queen to work on.

Attached Files:

2. Bridgeport

Bridgeport New Member

Flotilla construction

Just finished repairing 3 large holes in the bottom of my 95 Flotilla . The deck looks to be a wood core , and the outer sponsons use some kind of wood core also, 10" wide the full length of the Sponsons .
    The Boat looks solid and well built , IMO .

3. JimS

JimS Junior Member

Thanks for the reply Bridgeport, what happened to the bottom? Did you pull the deck cap off? If not how did you view the core pf the Sponsons. If you have any pictures I'm very interested, going to look at one and want to be better educated what I should look for. Does the transom have wood at the base, hard to tell from the pictures I have seen, engine area is pretty tight with the 5.7 in there. Thanks again

4. Bridgeport

Bridgeport New Member

I had to remove some deck to get to damaged hull . I cut out the floor in the potty room and under the cooler . I purchased the Boat with the damage , and haven't got it wet yet . You can also see the deck core from the removable panels under the battery tray . You will also be able to see the core of the Sponsons from that same area .
    I can take some pics of whetever you like , and post them here if that helps .

5. JimS

JimS Junior Member

A couple pictures of the core you can access would be great. The owner mentioned a spongy section of the deck near the cockpit and was trying to understand how extensive the repair would be. How do you plan on scabbing ghte deck you cut out back in? I had to remove the cap on my other deck boat and don't want to go that extensive, like to have a boat for the summer! The other boat's fdeck was all fiberglass formed into the cap, even when the stringers had gone sout it was still solid as a rock. In you opinion can the deck be replaced without removing the cap? Thanks again for the response, so hard to find much of anything on this model Rinker.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.