looking for info on recent boat purchase

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hoodies toy, Dec 30, 2019.

1. hoodies toy

hoodies toy New Member

i recently purchased this boat.Has a hull number on the back. last 2 digits are 84, from what i can find it looks to be a aqua lark.any info would be helpful.

Attached Files:

2. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

3. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Look up the manufacturer with the link given above using the first three letters. 84 would be the model year. Of course 1984 was the year the Coast Guard changed to a single standard HIN format. Before that there were two systems. One of them became the standard. Anyway, there were a hand full of companies making those little boats, the best known being Aqua Lark. But that one says Hustler on it (the model name) I don't recall who made the Hustler. They were generically called thrill craft. Even Mercury Marine had a model. The rule was (and still is) 13 feet or less, 2 persons max, remote steering ( a wheel) and no more than 40 Hp. Hp was determined by running it through a test course. See here Boat Building Regulations | Safe Horsepower For Small Boats https://newboatbuilders.com/pages/hp2.html If it couldn't navigate the course at full throttle safely then HP had to be reduced. Most of the ones I saw had 35 or 30 HP.
    They were popular until the Jetski came along. Then the market dried up. And you might want to post a question on FiberGlassicsĀ® - Index - FiberGlassicsĀ® Forums http://www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums I've seen quite a few of these little boats on Fiberglassics.

Could be GW-Invader G-W Invader History - Classic Boat Library http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/index.php?title=G-W_Invader_History