Concept designer wanted

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Gary Habersetzer, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Gary Habersetzer

Gary Habersetzer Custom Composite Multihul

I am looking for an artist that can help us create an updated design that will be accepted in today's market. Most our designers are living in the past, I need a new look, like the Cadillac CTS and its transitions from vertical to horizontal,. Sharper breaks, etc. Please look at our site wwwpedigreecats.com Send a sketch of what you feel might be a great idea, price on what they would cost each and we'll get to work on a full blown project. This first cat we'll work on is 72' long power cat that is 36' wide and has an underwing clearence of 5'. I have examples that can be sent, but there is the "Judylan" on our front page that is being build from a concept and the cat at the bottom of the page is also along the lines of a new 72'

2. yipster

yipster designer

3. Gary Habersetzer

No problem with this one, the artist did a great job, but has lost interest in doing anymore. Every client we get wants something different, we just try to get them headed in a direction, then hook them up with the artist to go as far as they want, inside and out. Now we need a 72' power cat 10' wider and 20' longer and different. Thanks

4. yipster

yipster designer

hmm, like to be boating this week, also like to do some scetches with cadilac type styling and gadgets
    drop a e-mail with some more details if you like, thanks jadresscher@chello.nl

5. buckknekkid

buckknekkid Senior Member

there is a great guy in Yugoslavia. sasa milosavljevic [panter@sbb.co.yu] Fantastic designs fast turn around, I would post some pics but I'll wait till he approves.

6. Gary Habersetzer

Thanks, there is great talent out there, I just have to find the right person who can read my mind. Boat design Gallery has some great talent posted, but I think a lot of them just want to create what they have in their mind.

7. Gary Habersetzer

If you have not heard back from me your e-mail address was refused and returned i.e. cian@coracle.com.au for just one

8. Vernon Hunt

Vernon Hunt Junior Member

Gary,
    I'm interested in doing some concept design for you. I have been a designer for many years. My claim to fame is designing motorcycles for Harley-davidson. I worked personally with William G. Davidson for many years and was the guy who began the V-Rod concept way back in 1980. I will be glad to do some pencils for you. If I can take a few days to get up to speed with your boats and get the feel for what your looking for. Hope it's not too late to get involved.

Vern Hunt

9. Gary Habersetzer

No, not to late, lots of offers, but haven't seen anything yet, other that what is at the bottom of our front page www.pedigreecats.com Randal had a very good start, but then???? If I could do this stuff, I am sure it would be fun and rewarding, but for some reason most just want to splash and run.

10. yipster

yipster designer

yeah its summer here! made some doodles, more styling and pretty pics follow, hard to improve on what you got tho...

Attached Files:

11. yipster

yipster designer

gee, that were some rough ideas in need of more styling
    and looking at your Pedigree Cat 655 cadillac that almost keeps me from boating :mad:
    [​IMG]

12. Billymac

Billymac Junior Member

I have an idea for a smaller tri- it could be used for a cat. It is a very sleek design incorporating a 'semi' flybridge; The boat has just one helm, incorporating a 10' sunroof revealing a seating area

13. Gary Habersetzer

Little we don't need, 65' up in power and sail, the production builders are taking care of the little boats.

14. yipster

yipster designer

motorsailer :)
    monocat :confused:

Attached Files:

15. Stephen Ditmore

Stephen Ditmore Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.