A New 30ft aluminum boat in progress

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Doppson, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Doppson

Doppson Junior Member

Hi. Its been a while since i last visited this place. However, im currently in the progress of designing a new 30 ft, 9 m long motor boat for the new Skargard trademark in Sweden owned by Sören Colbing.
    [​IMG]

Its an all new 30 feet aluminum designed by me for the Skargard company.
    Its primary objective is to go in slow to moderate speeds. Its supposed to be pretty practical in its design. Think Taxi services and things like that. For people not mind to go a bit slower for the environment. At speed around 8-14 knots.

I Would love the hear your comments on the project. This prototype will be on display on the Stockholm Boat show later this year.

//Doppson

1 person likes this.
  2. Guest62110524

Guest62110524 Previous Member

I would say"SHE IS NOT PRETTY NOR HANSOME
    you know competition is really tough out there
    I would trawl boats 24 .com yachtword.com
    and really take a hard look at it

It is very tough to break into the market, really very tough, I do wish you well

3. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Use an engine that gives good reliability and has excellent local service for spare/repairs/warranty etc. Use as much local materials for outfitting as you can find.Finally check compliance with ISO code, getting that done from the start will be a major plus of a selling point, proving that your boat meets the code.

Ask a local builder for ROM price and then see if the two of you can get the price down even further by clever design/construction to suit their prefered method or utilisation of materials or commonly used items etc, then use that as the published price.

4. bgrahammhs

bgrahammhs Junior Member

What is the beam and preliminary budget? Can it be configured in a trawler format that would give you the ability to increase the potential market?

5. Guest62110524

Guest62110524 Previous Member

I,LL REVERSE WHAT I SAID, UPON STUDYING A BIT MORE, she is functional and simple you could build a w/t sole right through which would stiffen her, and give bouyancy

6. Doppson

Doppson Junior Member

thanks

Thanks for the feedback.

The Beam is approx, 2,7 meter wide.

There will be two engine options. One outboard 50hp option as seen in the picture. And one inboard diesel option.

Everything will be built and constructed locally with a clever design and contruction method to keep the costs down.

But i dont known much about trawlers? Could you please give me a example of a trawler. I cant see from my piont of view how the boat can be compared to a big trawler?

This is a lesiure boat with the ability to go commercial in small scale.

//Doppson

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.