1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Looking for hull production quotations

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by JEM, Mar 14, 2005.

1. JEM

JEM Senior Member

Looking for fiberglass shops interested in quoting project for small hull production ramp up. Shops in North Carolina area are highly desired but that location not a requirement. Coordinating shipping will be required.

Main emphasis is producing a 14' by 32" fiberglass hulls from e-glass and also carbon/kevlar. Shop should have abilities to accurately estimate materials requirements and final hull weights depends on material selection.

Producing (from a mold) a carbon-fiber recumbent bike style seat will be required.

Project may also include, depending on pricing and lead time, plug mold, and production mold construction. Plug and production molds would be the property of customer to be provided/removed at the customers discretion.

Finished product will be a main hull with attached deck/subfloor to make a sit-on-top style kayak. Kayak will utilize a dagger board trunk, scupper drain holes, and rear propulsion unit. Installation of seat and propulsion unit may be a part of the project depending on pricing.

Wooden prototype almost complete and will be tested. Vendor would be expected to give input as to final production design with regard to ease of production.

Goal is to have 10 hulls complete By June 1st. After, production will be dictated by market demands.

Please contact me at info@jemwatercraft.com if interested.

I'll update this post with more information as required.

2. Premium

Premium Junior Member

premium

I know a mold builder in Georga that might be interested. I will have him email you.

3. JEM

JEM Senior Member

thanks

4. boat182

boat182 Junior Member

Would you be interested in a 22' modified "V" mold and plug? I am closing down my boat company and interested in selling my tooling. Contact me at 956-237-8075.

Jay
    compassboats.com

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.