Knowing where you are.

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by Pericles, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

2. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Kind of moot now.

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

The Iranians know it too thats why they have let them go.

They knew that sooner or later the British would prove they were wrong.

They let them go for 'thier' reasons suggesting good will to Britain.

If they were wrong they would have to let them go because they were wrong.

Then we would have a totally different situation as them being the aggressors and over the border in Iraq.

A good well timed move. leaving britain looking a little humiliated.

Its even more important now for Britain to prove it is right

4. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

it is iran who is left ,,looking a little humiliated ,,with egg on thier face,,,,,,,no apology from Britain,,,,,,,, they know they were wrong ,welcome home sailers,,,,god save the queen ,,,,,,,longliner

5. bilgeboy

bilgeboy Senior Member

The whole story does leave the rest of the world wondering where the English...shall we say "paired male reproductive organs" have gone, though, doesn't it?

Just thinking aloud,

Mike

6. longliner45

sometimes you gotta use your brains ,,,,before your braun,,,longliner

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

No- No I think Bilgeboy has a point we do seem to have lost something or two.

I was surprised we had a ship!! I didnt know we still had one.

I dont think the Queen needs the help of God anymore. She has more money than him anyway.

Did I read some where that these sailors were actually unarmed??? That cant be true can it?

8. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

This is the kind of stupid thread with political opinionated bias that hurts the forum.

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Your entitled to your opinion Gonzo. that is what a forum is for.

What would you like people to talk about?

Isnt your opinion a little bias?

10. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Amazingly, I would like people to talk about boats and marine related subjects.

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Yeah well we do, a little side stepping occasionally wont hurt the forum --will it?

It was hot news last week!!

12. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

From what I've read they had small arms, but thier "rules of engagement" specified that they be carried (thier weapons that is) unloaded. I do not know if they had ammo on hand.

I do agree with Gonzo though, in that, these types of discussions tend to create controversy or hurt feelings. I included the above as a answer to the posters question.

Being an international forum, but with what seems a mainly western membership, I think it only right to try to avoid politically sensitive, non-boat subjects, so as not to make non-western members feel excluded.. Just my opinion.

I hope all in the N. Hemisphere are enjoying this spring as much as I am. Caught two nice Rainbow Trout on the river today.

Take care.

TGoz

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

A forum gets out of hand by the member in it and there ability to talk about things in a sensible way.

Personally I think this forum and its members are well capable of this.

As previously mentioned this was hot news last week. Had it not been posted to it probably would not be here now.

14. longliner45

when someone dont want to read a thread ,,why do they reply,I mean ,nobody is making anyone do anything, sorry there ,,king gonzo....longliner

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Absalutely longliner, there are some threads that have gone totally loopy but have been enjoyed and have actually been the most popular thread on the forum.

The forum has lightened up a bit in Gonzos absence--but welcome back Gonzo-- I missed you!!--- well lets say I knew you were'nt around, you didnt fall off the bike did you?-- Been on a world criuse?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.