1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Looking for duck boat mold up to 14 maybe 15 feet and under

Discussion in 'Boat Molds' started by Bigbuckkiller90, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Bigbuckkiller90

Bigbuckkiller90 New Member

Looking for a duck boat mold thatll fit 2 people

2. Deering

Deering Senior Member

If your goal is to build a duck boat you’ll find that the most accessible method is to go with a plywood boat encased in epoxy and fiberglass. There are a lot of good duck boat plans available from reputable designers in a variety of sizes and configurations. If you are reasonably handy it’s not a difficult project. Many of the designers will also sell precut plywood panels so all you have to do is assemble and glue.

I helped my brother build a duck boat from this designer -
    Devlin Design Catalog – Devlin Designing Boat Builders https://www.devlinboat.com/wordpress1/devlin-design-catalog/ The Snow Goose design. It turned out great and he’s been using it for over 10 years now. That was my first plywood boat and I caught the bug. I’ve built many since.

A couple other good designers are bateau.com and Glen-L. There are others as well.

3. Bigbuckkiller90

4. capD

capD New Member

I have a layout hull and top mold and a 14 two man they need work but will make good parts $2500 for both dennis@elzeycustomboats.com

5. Bigbuckkiller90

Any pictures?

6. VidaMarBoats

VidaMarBoats New Member

We build a 16’ Skiff that I can build at 14’
    I think it will make a nice duck boat.
    Don’t know if you want to build yourself a dick boat or want to get into business building them. But shoot me an email and we can take it from there.

vidamarboats@gmail.com

7. captmike76

captmike76 New Member

I have some flat bottom John boat molds needing work for $750 each

8. D.E.Clark

D.E.Clark New Member

Hello, I have several sets of duck boat molds, 13'BBSB rated for 15hp, 11'3" Garvey rated for 3hp, 13'Garvey rated for 20hp and a 15' Garvey rated for 45hp. The garvey's are all semi round bottom and were designed by Carl Adams of NJ and the BBSB is called the "Estuary" (estuaryduckboats.com) These boats are all USCG approved and in production. ( 7 sold boats be built now for customer's) Not sure what you are looking for, a couple hulls and or a full business. you can go to my website and give me a call.
    David

9. Waterfowler15

Waterfowler15 New Member

Do you still have some flat bottom molds?

10. D.E.Clark

D.E.Clark New Member

Waterfowler, I have a Hull and Deck mold for a 15' duck boat. Made to take Outboard or Mud motor. USCG Approved for 45 HP. Molds are LIKE NEW. You can go to estuaryduckboats,com.
    I am putting 2 of them together now, call me at 401-871-4739 David Clark

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.