Marine HVAC Design Firm

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by KW1947, Apr 3, 2024.

1. KW1947

KW1947 New Member

Hello All,

I have been pondering the idea of getting back into the marine industry and was hoping you all could provide me with some feedback. I am a licensed Mechanical P.E. who designs HVAC systems for extremely high-end homes (think the same clients who are buying yachts) along with commercial HVAC designs as well. In my previous life as an engineer, I worked in the marine industry as a NavArch/marine engineer. I did get my MEng (master of engineering) in Naval Architecture, but unfortunately, I never really got to use it as I had hoped. I have recently wanted to get back into the marine industry and thought the best way would be to use my experience as an HVAC engineer.

Is there room or even a demand in the market for a Marine HVAC Design firm that would cater to smaller yacht/boat builders and designers? Do most NavArch firms do the HVAC design in-house, or is it done by an outside HVAC firm (I can't remember how this worked at the NavArch firms I used to work at). Would anyone on this forum be interested in this type of service?

Thank you all in Advance.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.