Looking for design and drafting work online

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by FNC, Sep 27, 2008.

1. FNC

FNC New Member

I am researching the prospect of establishing an independent design and drafting service to the yacht design industry, and would like some feed back from design offices and builders as to the feasibility and practicality of such a service.
    I have extensive experience in the Mega Yacht design business since 1991, as well as years at sea as a chief engineer.
    I am experienced with class requirements and drawings for ABS and Lloyds.
    I am particularly experienced with exhaust system design, including main engine and generator system design, both wet and dry.
    The services offered would be.
    3D modeling and design using Mechanical desktop, AutoCad, Inventor and Rhino.
    2D drafting service for general arrangement, system design and any overflow drafting
    My practical experience, trade qualifications and self education with Westlawn School of Yacht Design, along with expertise in, AutoCad, Mechanical Desk-Top, Rhino and Inventor makes me an ideal prospect for your marine design and drafting needs
    I have my own licensed and current seat of “Inventor Professional” 2009 this includes the entire AutoCad suite.
    I am registered to do business in the United States.
    Look forward to any and all comments.

2. joz

joz Senior Member

FNC

Have you tried Trade Journals, even Westlawn's Job placement board for possible employment as I know there are designers out there that work for established business plus set up their own as well. Just a thought.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.