Looking for company to make compound curves english wheel

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by Cathal Mc Carthy, Sep 20, 2022.

  1. Cathal Mc Carthy
    Joined: Sep 2022
    Posts: 1
    Likes: 0, Points: 1
    Location: Ireland

    Cathal Mc Carthy New Member

    Hi I am looking for a company to make some compound curves in stainless steel for an art project. Someone using a powered english wheel would be great. Stainless would be 2mm or 3 mm thick.

    Any ideas appreciated I am in Ireland but this is not a problem.
  2. DCockey
    Joined: Oct 2009
    Posts: 5,229
    Likes: 634, Points: 113, Legacy Rep: 1485
    Location: Midcoast Maine

    DCockey Senior Member

    "Powered English wheel" - None of the English wheels I've seen are powered. A common alternative to an English wheel is a power/planishing hammer. You might try asking on a custom car or auto restoration forum.
  3. wet feet
    Joined: Nov 2004
    Posts: 1,426
    Likes: 450, Points: 83, Legacy Rep: 124
    Location: East Anglia,England

    wet feet Senior Member

    Get hold of a copy of Classic and Sportscar,look for the panel making companies and make a phone call.There should be several to choose from.
    DCockey likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.