Looking for building space in NY/CT/NJ area

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Momo2000, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Momo2000

Momo2000 Junior Member

I am looking for a space to build Dick Newick's Tremolino 23 foot tri - wooden strip planking/epoxy construction. Anything within 1.5 hour drive from NYC would work. Need space about 15x25 feet at a minimum to fit the strong back for the main hull. I have a separate place to keep completed parts/hulls. I already bought the plans from Newick, including the dxf files for the stations.

I can work on it only the weekends, but the strong back will have to remain in place until I finish the hulls. Willing to pay reasonable rent, considering the value of the boat I am building. I intend to start this as soon as I find the space and finish it before the Spring 2010.

Clean, reliable, a multihull fanatic.

Anyone know anything? Anyone wants to build this boat and has space? Let's build two at once - good savings on time and money for the frames, strong back setup, tools and volume purchase of materials. I will also have help from a very experienced high-tech boat builder pro.

Thanks,
    Serge

2. wjquigs

wjquigs Junior Member

Serge,
    I built parts of my Farrier tri at Moishe's Moving and Storage warehouse in Jersey City. It's about 15 mins walk from the Journal Square PATH. I rented a 400 s.f. indoor storage unit and they added power for my tools. They have an odd-shaped corner of their lot where you could probably put up a temporary shelter to build the hulls, and keep your tools and supplies in the warehouse.
    Bill

3. fhrussell

fhrussell Boatbuilder

Space 0n LI

Hi Serge,
    I may have some space for you if you are still looking. I am about 1.25 hours from Manhattan by car.
    Frank

4. Momo2000

Momo2000 Junior Member

ah yes, I do recognize the boat.

I'll send you an email.

Thanks, gents.

[​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.