Looking for Bluewater Trimaran plans 40-50 feet

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Schoolbus, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

BTW, out of size range on this thread, but since in post #12 an ORMA 60 was brought up, Nigel Irens has a 63' cruiser version . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  2. Schoolbus

Schoolbus Junior Member

Beautiful but too big and high cost.
    I like the tender garage.
    Schoolbus

3. Schoolbus

Schoolbus Junior Member

All good suggestions thx!
    Schoolbus

4. Schoolbus

Schoolbus Junior Member

Too bad the Simpson Liona plans aren't available.
    Not sure I like the center cockpit on boats in the low 40 foot range- I am alone on this or does it seem to be a better use of space and transom
    access for dinghies, fishing, boarding etc with an aft cockpit (and possibly a pilothouse)?
    Schoolbus

5. Angélique

The Liahona from Peabody MA came with a full set of plans I think, so you could track down the leads from that thread to get a copy, and ask Roger Simpson or entitled parties for permission, and what the fee is for a license to build one.

Also the builder of the Liahona that's now for sale in Yarmouth ME could still have a set of plans, or that set of plans might have been brought back to the boat, that can be asked to the seller.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  6. Angélique

The Liahona set up makes excellent use of space I think, as it leaves room for an aft cabin and a wider center cockpit with still interior space below it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Angélique

Maybe you could build a pilothouse instead of the cockpit, and build the aft cabin as low as possible and use the roof as a poop deck for outside space and fishing.

I've posted an Colvin Saugeen Witch with a pilothouse instead of the cockpit on the thread Thomas Colvin's designspost #25.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  8. Angélique

The Liahona now for sale in Yarmouth ME looks like excellent built, the 2015 Liahona thread starts with two interior pics of that boat, here's an older ad with older pics in better shape and a higher price, and she's built of top materials including the world top class dutch Bruynzeel full mahogany marine plywood, I'm sure she could be rebuild like new and modificated for a fraction of the effort and price needed to build a new one, and she's not too far from Ontario, at a top yard where you also can work yourself . . :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019

9. Schoolbus

Schoolbus Junior Member

Nice tris. Thanks everyone!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.