Looking for Atkin's 'Tang'

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by MKR, Sep 2, 2010.

1. MKR

MKR New Member

Hi all,

I'm looking for pictures of Atkin's design 'Tang', a 26' V-Bottom Day Cruiser. Has anyone ever built one? Of course I have studied the plans on their website, but I'm curious about what the actual result would look like.

http://www.atkinboatplans.com/
    under 'inboard cruisers'

Regards, Marcel

2. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Senior Member

MKR,
    I have the study plans for Tang, Ketwomoke, Little Effort and Russell R. Looks like only Russell R has been built. If you find otherwise I'd like to know also.
    There is a good chance some are out there since the designs have existed for quite a while. I'll be watching this thread.

Easy Rider

3. MKR

MKR New Member

Hello Easy Rider,

It's awfully quite on this thread. :) I'm not even sure if Tang has ever been built. Although I can hardly imagine it hasn't. Such a beautifull, and welldesigned boat. I'm in contact with member ASM now through this site, but although he had plans to build a Tang up until now he never has started building.

Still hoping for more responses.

Marcel

4. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Senior Member

MKR,
    I've heard nothing about Tang on the Yahoo site either.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AtkinBoats/messages

Have you noticed the similarity between Tang and the skiff Handy Billy? Also Ed Schock designed a really nice 16' boat a little closer to Handy Billy than Tang. I'd like to make Tang into an outboard boat and wonder about the different weight distribution. I'm looking at Marcia and Wader also.

Easy

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.