Contour Trimarans?

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by RHough, Apr 28, 2006.

1. RHough

RHough Retro Dude

Does anyone know Contour Trimarans well?

I have a customer that is trying to correct the aka alignment on a Contour. The aka on one side of the boat it at a different angle than the other side. Upward movement is controlled by 3/8" diameter water stays that oppose the rig loads and keep the aka from folding upwards under load. There does not seem to be any provision for adjustment of the mounting tangs and the water stays are fixed length (Aircraft Eye to Aircraft Eye).

Before we go adding turnbuckles to a system that was designed with no adjustment, is there somewhere on the boat that should get a good hard look? I can't imagine that the basic alignment depends solely on the water stays.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

2. RHough

RHough Retro Dude

Quick follow-up.

My customer added the turnbuckles to the water stays and says the boat has never sailed better.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.