Wide jon boat plans?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by txslowpoke, Oct 18, 2005.

1. txslowpoke

txslowpoke New Member

I am new to this, have been searching the net with no results. I am wanting to build a flat bottom jon boat,14' or so length and about 5' wide on the bottom. Aluminum new ones 14'x56" wide are 3 grand$$. Any ideas where to find plans for wide jon boat. Thanks

2. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

I assume you will use Home Depot or Lowes, EXTERIOR plywood AC sides, for all of it and 2 coats of paint? ---What is the finished price range for the boat only?

3. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

Do a web search using this----JON boat plans---- #1, Uncle Johns plans of his look great! Post back. If scarfing is not what you feel comfortable doing. Butt blocking the pieces together under a seat will work and not show. This site has some VERY experienced wood hull builders.--------------------------------- Pick a plan you would like to build and ask them for a opinion BEFORE you buy.

4. txslowpoke

txslowpoke New Member

I HAVE done the jon boat search many times over. Hence my posting here. Personally 3k$ is high for a boat this simple, here is a place I found on the net I thought I could ask a question.
    Now if all I wanted to was throw some plywood together and a couple coats of paint on and go FER it i would not have posted here.
    thx.

5. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.