Looking for a 'Proset' type product but Polyester Based

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Sam III, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Sam III

Sam III Junior Member

Does anyone know of a product that dispenses from two tube, mixes in the nozzle like Proset but is Polyester resins though?

I am building a boat that requires that only polyester resins be used in the hull, deck and bulkheads per class rules.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

2. Herman

Herman Senior Member

Also the glue? Sounds strange to me. Anyhow, I have seen it happening. By restricting builders very much in the use of materials, they hope to make the boats cheaper. Instead they are making them weaker...

There are several polyester pastes, suitable for bonding, but I am not aware of a "cartridged" one. Probably has to do with the mixing ratio. Those static mixers already have a hard time mixing 10:1 products, let alone a 50:1 ratio...

3. Sam III

Sam III Junior Member

Herman,

I have heard that some of the other class builders are using vinylester resin for glue. Is there a product like that or is the mixing two high as well?

Thanks

Sam

4. Herman

Herman Senior Member

Vinylesters have the same basic mixing ratios as polyesters, so no luck there.

I guess it will be old style mixing in a mixing pot...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.