looking for a kit or plans

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by smenkhare, May 1, 2007.

1. smenkhare

smenkhare Junior Member

I hadn't thought of ebay.

one problem i see with partial kits though is it may be hard to tell exactly where the previous build was up to.

ok had a look at ebay.

a few boat kits but none that i think i would fit in :)

2. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

yes it is very smart of you to make all considerations,steel boats =lot of good welders out there ,,wood= need to know how they built and with what ,,glass= you gotta look hard,at quality ,,,,for example ,,my kit was 3000 in 1967,,mostly for the prints and backbone and ribs,I have 18.000 in reciets for brons bolts and screws,,the plywood and other wood cost extra ,,not to mention glues and glass,now with that said ,,buying prints dont nessesaraly mean you will get a print and go from there ,,builders prints should be included,,,that is a step by step guide,make sure your designer includes these ,each part of the boat will need exact prints ,loftlines ,,and so on ,I am not a designer .but todays designers use computers,I dont think you will get the detail of yesterdays prints and design,however you are lucky to have found this site ,there are reputable designers here who are very generous with their minds and time ,longliner

3. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Looking for a kit...

Am heading towards Tasmania as we speak....:)

4. smenkhare

smenkhare Junior Member

I said Australia.
    not THAT place.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.