Looking for a DARED budget

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by projetdared, Jan 10, 2013.

1. projetdared

projetdared Junior Member

Hi.
    I needyou, dear readers !
    I try to find a budget, through a crowdfunding website, to build a new prototype (with the participation of ESTIA engineering school). The system of crowdfunding is simple, the final amout is divided in slices and for each you have a « consideration ». At the final, the total of all slices is suppose to cover the budget.
    I really believe in kiteboat, i think it's the future of sport sailing, and maybe more.
    The projet DARED is online here:
    http://www.kisskissbankbank.com/projet-dared
    The main site:
    http://projet-dared.com/
    The last video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pascGTDFJZw&list=UUMGPo5DfzY3j5_OcaNkKBFA&index=1

See you on water…

2. BPL

BPL Senior Member

Interesting.

[​IMG]

Is there an English writeup?

3. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Looks nice...like something Club Med or one of the other world wide tourist groups would love on the cover of their advertising brochure.

4. projetdared

5. BPL

BPL Senior Member

Thanks.

6. michael pierzga

Perhaps your product introduction should show the evolution of the Pedalo and beach watercraft fun !

Also You might substitue a bikini clad girl for the sportsman driving the DARED..................

http://[​IMG]

http://[​IMG]

7. projetdared

Do you mean something like that? :p
    [​IMG]

8. michael pierzga

9. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

The advent of kites have opened a whole range of possibilities in boating industry. A tremendous amount of wind power is now available with a very small heel force.

Back in my student days I had made few drawings of a vessel similar (yet completely different :) ) to what you are showing. The main differences are that it had the inverted floats configuration (two amas forward and one bigger main float in the mid-back position) and it had two windsurf sails mounted on forward amas. The sails had booms connected with a transverse rod. The rod was supposed to be used for maneuvering the sails.

There were many, mainly structural, problems associated to that idea, but the killer of the idea was the impossibility to completely de-power sails, or to luff them. Hence, the bout would be hard to slow down or to put into a full stop - except when pointing towards the wind.

The kites completely resolve this problem (they do, right? you can slow down and stop at will?), and allow for a simpler and cheaper construction - no rig-induced bending moments to worry about.

Good luck with your idea.

10. projetdared

Thank you very much. I really believe in potential of kiteboat. I think it's a good opportunity for kite business and a big evolution in sailing world.

11. Wavewacker

Wavewacker Senior Member

Looks like fun. The problem I see is that if you dump the chute (stop or slow down) and it ends up in the water, how do you get it back up? You need a good wind to pull it out. That's a problem for powered parachutes with pontoons, water in the chute becomes an anchor, even though it floats. The lines also get tangled as a wave takes the chute in some direction.

I'd suggest you get with the business department at that school as you'll need a marketing analysis, detailed accounting in your business plan and show people with some experience in the manufacturing, business and marketing areas. Crowd funding is still a lending process through "brokers" that will rate your project for investors even at small amounts. Unless you can just find individuals willing to throw some money at you based on your own pitch and while you have the basic idea you'll need to explain participations and equity positions a little better. But good luck with it, if you get the wet chute thing solved it could be fun and productive.