looking for a builder Carolina Style Hull

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by gregorymacc, Feb 21, 2004.

1. gregorymacc

gregorymacc New Member

I am looking for a carolina style hull in the 28' to 31' range, with a beam of 10' to 11' . I want the boat to be powered by twin outboard's. I would like to have a forward cuddy and fish the NJ canyons so I would need atleast 325 gals. I would like to go coldmolded or ATC corecell? :: with hull thickness of atleast 1 1/4 " below the water line. Would anybody have a ballpark figure on a hull of these specs?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Greg

2. Tom Lathrop

Tom Lathrop Junior Member

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

You can also check BlackwellBoatworks.com . Talk to Craig.

4. raceday

raceday Junior Member

Hull or complete

Greg,

We can build you any type boat you wish. Are you just looking for the hull to be built or a complete boat.

John
    www.kanyun.com

5. pelican32

pelican32 New Member

Another local builder to look at is Island Boatworks in Frisco. They build nice wood hulls. Several are used in the area for charter fishing - look at Hatteras Harbor Marina

6. lprimina

lprimina Senior Member

You need to go with the 31 or 32 footer. 28 footers cant hold 325gal of fuel(Well it can but it would mess up performance). As Tom said Jarrett Bay Boatworks make a beautiful 32 footer but there is a waiting period. Now Call a boat broker in carteret county NC and tell him what you want. There are a lot of guys down here that build that style boat. Also make sure they use marine plywood
    Ben

7. hspencer

hspencer New Member

Hi, give me a call, we can built to your specs, and already have plans for 28 and 30 carolina boat. I'll be glad to send you some photos of finished product. We're about to start a 28' center console (cold molded) as a plug for an all glass semi custom production boat. (336)451-6528 Thanks Hal

8. hspencer

hspencer New Member

Custom Carolina

Hi, I think I spoke with you on the phone earlier in the year. I lost your info. Sorry, if you still have any interest give me a call Thanks Hal 336-451-6528

9. cbboatworks

cbboatworks Junior Member

Bryan Roberson 910-619-4027 He builds some nice boats.
    [​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.