old jet boat

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by projectman, Sep 7, 2007.

1. projectman

projectman New Member

i recantly purchased an early 70's chris craft xk18 with no motorI know it came with a 454 big block chevybut it was removed years ago It curently has a jacuzi drive on it that looks complete Now my question is can anyone tell me what went betweenthe motor and drive. some one said it was a drive with u joints but he didnt have a pic.m If anyone can tell me were to get one or even if they have one maybe a motor too for sale it would save a hell of a lot of time trying to call these companies who dont know anything. I am in need of at leas the conestor from the motor to the drive because if i cant get it i dont think i can keepnthis boat
    thanks for your time

2. CDK

CDK retired engineer

A double universal joint, abt. 5" long. 4-Hole flange on the engine side, a 1 3/4" hole for a 10 spline shaft on the pump side. The part is available from Glen-L Marine. That is the 'close mount' construction, it may also be a longer shaft if the engine bay layout requires so.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.