where to find fuel fill brass elbows

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by naturewaterboy, Dec 20, 2008.

1. naturewaterboy

naturewaterboy Steel Drum Tuner

I need to turn my 1.5 inch fuel fill hoses 90 degrees to get from my tanks to my fuel deck fills. Where can I find a brass 90 degree large radius sweep - something like a 4 inch or larger radius?

2. CDK

CDK retired engineer

I've searched real hard but found no marine suppliers for such products. But I found a suitable alternative: for plumbing and central heating installation there are copper and brass elbows that are normally soldered to copper tubes.
    I knew they existed in smaller sizes because I've used them in the past to do some plumbing at home, but for larger buildings they also exist in diameters up to 63 mm (2,5"). And the price is just a fraction of what you'd pay if they were intended for marine use.

3. naturewaterboy

Thanks, CDK. They are available from a plumbing supply house then? Do you know of a source on line?

4. CDK

CDK retired engineer

No online sources I think. These guys know how to handle a torch and a pipe cutter but faint at the thought of touching a keyboard.
    But I'm confident you'll find a local source.

5. naturewaterboy

Thanks, I'll try our local plumbing supply.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.