Looking at a boat (Dominator?) and I need some advice

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by oversite, Dec 27, 2013.

1. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

One of the first questions I ask a seller is why they're getting rid of it. The general condition usually is a big "tell" as well. I inspect the personality of the seller as much as the boat, which often saves my time and bother, with the evaluation of the boat.

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

I'd be looking at the owner's dog. :D If it is mean and aggressive, keep out !!! :eek:

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I've never seen a dog I couldn't walk right up to and make friends with. I've done this with junk yard dogs that have been beaten with chains all their lives, to make them mean and every other dog imaginable. My father had this skill too and I think it's pheromones and attitude.

A better tell then the dog would be the wife. Is she mean and aggressive? Then do the guy a favor and buy the boat, so he can sleep in piece at least for one night. :)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.