Look at What Happens to Peaceful Protesters in the States

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by CatBuilder, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I think so. I haven't noticed much looting lately from either end, and the only violence I've seen on videotape has come from the gents with badges.

Pardon my skepticism -- but it's hard to believe you consider yourself middle-of-the-road, when you spend so much time dumping on people you consider left-wing. In all the time I've been reading your posts, I don't remember any where you dump on right-wingers instead....

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Then you are watching heavily edited videos. The damage is being done. The occupiers leave the parks looking like a 5h1t hole and they destroy every mom and pop business in the immediate vicinity of their peaceful(there's a joke) movement.

When the left and right swing far enough they meet at the bottom. They have the same goal; centralized tyranny. What name the tyrant uses is unimportant. Just insert "or far right" every where I posted leftist.

3. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

You didn't mention vandalism or reducing traffic flow for businesses in your last post. Instead you specifically singled out looting and violence, and I've seen no evidence of that from the Occupy bunch.

4. hoytedow

Add vandalism and impeding the flow of traffic. Never mind I'll do it myself.

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/11/08/morning-bell-occupy-wall-street-gets-more-violent/

"Occupiers, many of whom had their faces obscured by masks or bandanas, began banging on the transparent glass walls and doors of the building, demanding entrance, then attempting to gain access by pushing their way in when guests came or went."

That sounds very peaceful and shows respect for innocent people. :rolleyes:

5. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Nice reading, that Foundry site... So full of different standpoints and opinions on any topic.

6. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Middle of the road, please, who are you trying to kid. Hoyt your about as far right as it gets without falling off the edge.

I gotta go with Troy on this one, never once heard you take any other position that wasn't classic far right other than on the GMO issue.

Also that criteria by which Troy measures a right winger, seems accurate enough. I've made it clear I detest both parties, believe in bringing back public hangings and over all support nothing this gubment has to offer, yet you continually insist I'm a liberal.

I'm am however unlike Troy really surprised to hear you claim middle of the road status, must be one narrow road or something.

oh well to each his own I suppose
    Cheers
    B

7. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

I suppose that is a sane position, as long as you also support public
    resurrection for those that are proven innocent after they have been
    hanged. :)
    If not, then I can only assume you don't mind innocent people being killed.
    by the State. Takes all types, I suppose.

8. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

9. Leo Lazauskas

Thanks, Michael.
    The movement will certainly need more followers to bring about any lastng change. But there is hope.
    Without vigorous protests, there would not be universal suffrage in the USA.
    Without protests by organised labour, workers would not have many benefits they enjoy today.
    Without protest movements, the USA would still be enmired in unpopular wars that they are destined
    to lose and while wasting precious lives and treasure in the process.

Well, Ok, 2 out 3 isn't too bad ;)

10. hoytedow

I guess it all depends on how you define far right. For you that would mean anyone who did not drink the koolaid.

11. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Thank God for 'right wingers' !

They're the ones the rest are guaged by - and are usually the ones who actually DO something about autrocities.

As I see it Boston, isn't it the 'middle of the road' bunch who create most of the problems... or are they 'left wingers' perhaps ?

Calling anyone a 'right winger' is just an excuse to accuse someone of not accepting your views - which is any one's right to.

12. Bamby

Bamby Junior Member

The Obama Christmas Carol

Personally I'm thanking God at least some folks stand opposed to what's happened to this once great Nation.

13. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Oh, knock it off. It's still a great nation.

It isn't perfect. But then again, it never was.

14. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

It's ok to discuss and express various points of view, makes each one of us learn something about other possible ways of thinking. Let's not forget that both wings are needed to have a healthy and flying bird. Should either of them go missing or grow bigger than the other one, you'd have a grounded and doomed animal. ;)

15. Leo Lazauskas

Tell us more, Bamby.
    What would the USA be like now if the right people had been in control instead
    of those hell-bent on destroying your Once Great Nation (tm)?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.