imp boat

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by dbkiii, May 3, 2009.

1. dbkiii

dbkiii New Member

I am purchasing an imp boat
    serial number KM239781
    model tufp-210
    does anyone know where i can get the technical data on the boat and engine

2. Ike

Ike Senior Member

IMP boats have been the subject of much discussion on this forum. Use the search function on the menu above and you will find many threads on IMP.

Also try Iola.Com (they made IMP boats) http://www.iola.com/dcforum/DCForumID9/95.html#

Somewhere out there on the web is an IMP owners website but I wasn't able to find it. The url is buried in one of the old threads on IMP.

3. Ike

Ike Senior Member

4. dbkiii

dbkiii New Member

thank you iike

thanks

5. barbzwyre

barbzwyre Junior Member

Dear Ike,

We bought a 1981 IMP Commanche Cuddy Cruiser last year. Used it all summer long, but we need to replace the transom boot and do a little reupholstering this year. It has a 305 OMC I/O.

I found Seloc and Clymer Manuals for it at iboats.com, and motormanuals.com.

I'm hunting for boat upholstery books right now. Good luck with your search. Hope your have as much fun with your boat as we've had with ours.

Barb

6. barbzwyre

barbzwyre Junior Member

Another source...

Try themotorbookstore.com too.

Barb

7. dbkiii

dbkiii New Member

David here
    since posting my original item I find that the insurance my predessor had was 225 hp when I get the boatin the water I will see if i have any documents on the boat I have not found yet
    david

8. edjunior

edjunior Senior Member

The old IMPBOATCLUB site is gone...no more. Dave has tried to ressurect it a few times. The latest incarnation of it was the DIYBOATREPAIR.COM, but even that one is down right now.

If you post a picture of the boat, maybe we can help, but there is really no technical information out there anymore. Only fellow IMP owners.

This is the IMP thread on this board...lots of stuff from fellow IMP owners:

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/powerboats/imp-boats-information-6227.html

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.